These beautiful eyes belong to my daughter April.She has such beautiful eyes that I spent quite some time on her last visit trying to get a good picture of them for me to scrapbook. I was going through pictures this morning and when I saw this one it made me think about my upcoming cataract surgeries. My eyes used to look like hers and I used to see very well out of them with the help of glasses.
Slowly over the last few years things began to soften around the edges ,cloud over and blur up a bit.I changed lens prescriptions several times over the past two years in an effort to stave off the inevitable surgery.Eventually I had to stop reading and scrap booking , even watching TV was difficult.So I consulted with a surgeon and set up my first surgery which will take place in four days. I have to admit...I'm a little nervous about the surgery. Despite the fact that I see poorly...I can see. My fears were that something would go wrong and that I would end up with no sight at all.
This fear made me look at the world these past few days in a different way.I started looking at everything with a different perspective.As if I were seeing it for the last time. What a beautiful world we live in! Creator must really love us to give us this planet to call our home.!! I cant wait to see it after both of my surgeries are over! I promise you I will never take what I see for granted again!
No comments:
Post a Comment