My first entry is dedicated to my dear friend Gena who passed away recently. We had been best buddies for nearly twenty years and there will never be anyone who will be able to take her place. My heart has hurt in a way that I have never felt before with her passing and I miss her everyday. Gena was the kind of friend that everyone wishes they had. She always put everyone's comfort and happiness before her own. She was giving...more giving than anyone I have ever known.
Many people called her friend as witnessed by the enormous turnout at her funeral. Here I thought she existed only in my little world.I was struck with the realization that her world spread far and wide. She was so generous with her love!
I was devistated with losing my best friend. Until one day when I opened a drawer and saw a gift that she had given me. I then walked from room to room and realized she was not gone..she lived in every room of my house.In the plants her family gave to me that had once sat in her living room,in every Christmas,birthday and just because gift she ever gave me,in the pictures that hung on my wall and the memories that live in my heart
.I may not be able to pick up the phone and call her everyday like we used to do but I can still talk to her. She is still here with me. I can only hope that I was as good a friend to her as she was to me.She will forever be my bestest buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment