I have spent the past week going through everything I own and packing in preparation for moving. This has given me a good reason to look honestly at everything I own and decide whether it should go to the new place, find a new home or be tossed. This has proven to be a very freeing activity for me. I have been working on weeding out my "things" for some time which basically means ill do it some day. This move, I have decided that it was time to actually do it. What I take with me will only be exactly what I want to take with me. Clutter be gone!!
It is difficult to let some things go but I am finding that it is necessary for me to do that.I will take with me only the most meaningful and most used! I am not crazy about moving but I do like setting up a new space. It gives me a chance to really work on my organization and decorating skills.What I have is not fancy or expensive but I take pride in presenting to the world a warm and comfortable home that people enjoy coming to.
This move takes me to the same apt. home that my daughter and her family live in. I will be able to once again hear my grandchildren playing above me. And grammy is available to them whenever they want me as well as they will be available to me anytime I want to be with them! This makes me the happiest grammy in the world!!
Moving is always a hassle,packing and unpacking,putting things away, sore muscles and long days. But it is exciting because it is a chance at a new beginning. I love new beginnings!!

No comments:
Post a Comment